Monday, November 23, 2020

Looking For A Good Home ...

 One positive outcome of the CoVid-19 Pandemic is that crafters such as myself have more time to create. I am not sure why this is a strong compulsion but I do know that I am not alone. The result is a condo full of completed art and craft projects. 

Now that I am past the magic age of 65 and am collecting government pensions I find I no longer need extra dollars ... but I do know many agencies that are in great need of funds. So I have been thinking that I will list some of my pieces that are looking for a good home and ask that the recipient donates what they consider an appropriate amount of money to the charity of their choice. I am happy to mail or deliver the items(s) to you at my expense. 

I have no idea what will happen with this, I hope that I do get at least a few takers.

Below I will show my pieces, if any strike your fancy and you would like it for yourself or to give as a gift just send me an email at vicquilter@gmail.com.

HOLLYHOCKS
This 1 has found its new home ... no longer available.
measures 11.5 by 19 inches
is a fabric piece set in a wooden frame
entirely hand stitched

Little Lambs Not To The Slaughter
Measures 16 x 20 inches
made with my own hand dyed fabric inspired by my own photo.
entirely hand stitched (very heavily)
This is one of my favourite pieces.

Olde Stone Bridge
This 1 has found its new home....no longer available.
Do you recognize this scene?
From our very own Beacon Hill Park.
Measures 16 x 20"
Handpainted with Derwent watercolour pencils onto fabric then heavily machine stitched.
Inspired by my own photograph.
The piece is more vibrant than it shows in this photograph. 

Going Around In Circles #1
measures 11.5 x 19 inches
Hand stitched with unfinished edges and embellished with vintage buttons.

Going Around In Circles #2
Measures 13.5 x 17.5 inches
Handstitched, embellished with vintage buttons and stitched to a wool background.

Fish Out of Water
measures 12.5 x 17.5 inches
I was playing with shiny fabrics and had fun machine stitching to complete this piece.

Flowers and Pear
measures 16 x 18.5
machine quilted

Tea and a Muffin?
Measures 16 x 20 inches
machine quilted

Buttons By a Thread
measures 19 x 21.5
Vintage buttons on display

Sheep In Wolf's Clothing
measures 19 x 14.5 inches
Paintsticks and stitching on white fabric.
Inspired by my photo taken in Ireland. This sheep indeed has the shape and the tail of a wolf.
wooden frame.

Glorious Fall
This 1 has found its new home ... no longer available.
measures 29.5 x 40 inches
machine stitched using my own hand dyed and painted fabrics as well as commercial fabrics.

Dragonfly
measures 12.5 x 16 inches
stenciled with paintsticks

Crow
measures 7.5 x 9.5 inches
watercolour on a book page
inspired from my photo
wooden frame (and difficult to photograph as it is behind glass)

Arbutus
This 1 has found a new home, no longer available
measures 23 x 29 inches
hand painted fabric, machine quilted

That is all I have for now. More may be added later.
Thanks for checking it out!
Debbie

Vicquilter@gmail.com



.







No comments:

Post a Comment