Friday, June 14, 2019

Bottle Brushes and Scilla Peruviana

Did you know that the River Thames flows through Oxford?
It is a busy highway in its own right with many young boaters training or rowing for fun.

We had enough of the busy city yesterday so we headed towards the Thames path.
I call this a bottle brush.
We also saw it in Spain.

There were many houseboats docked alongside the riverbank.
Most of them looked quite derelict but lived in.

GGRP day again.
Gortex, Gloves, RainPants
And a fleece, it was not warm!

A magpie
Very common bird here

We walked down the path for about a mile to Iffley Village.

A house by a lock.
I assume the lock keeper would reside here.

We now added umbrella to the mix.

Iffley's St Marys Church.
A beautiful quilt.

Back to Oxford

Time for Elevenses
I like all the bicycles parked outside and the tower in the background.

I enjoyed the covered market and the many small shops. This cake shop had large viewing windows where one could watch the cake artists at work.
There is lots of Alice In Wonderland themed stuff here
Also Harry Potter.

They also had many beautiful wedding cakes on display.
I spent 2 wonderful hours at Oxford Botanic Gardens.
And see ... the sun did appear ...
.. once in a while.

Scilla Peruviana





Not something you see in Canada.
These young boys are playing soccer in their white shirts and ties. I even saw one rolling in the muddy grass.

The wifi is very spotty in our BandB so I will post this while I can

XO








No comments:

Post a Comment