Monday, May 27, 2019

Adios España

Ok one last post from Spain.
Santander is lovely and worth some photos.
The long train journey from Santiago de Compostela to Santander was muy picturesque and varied... such a pleasure. I could have flown from SdC but I am glad I chose to travel more slowly.

I changed trains in Palencia. I had an hour so walked into to Plaza Mayor.
These guys are not kkk!
These are the costumes worn when celebrating Semana Santa or Easter Holy Week.

In cool and cloudy Santander. The city is in the shape of a C around its protected harbour.

Fishers

The Camino del Norte passes through here.
(as my friend Alice well knows, she completed this camino last fall.)

Crowded Marina
I like how it is full of small boats, no yachts to be seen.

I wandered last night until it started raining. I found this charming Restaurant Suisse where I enjoyed my final cena de España.
This morning, on my way to the Palace.

Beautiful sandy beaches.

Great architecture

The palace

Another view

No idea

San Francisco Sq
And time to hurry back to my hotel to check out and get to the airport.

Adios España

No comments:

Post a Comment