Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Connections ❤

Martina, Heidi, me and Gabi
Saying goodbye to Heidi and Gabi, every year they walk a 2 week portion of the camino. I think that would be difficult to do, not finishing at Santiago de Compostela with your camino amigas.

Walking towards the old town

The Puente Romana

Milenium Bridge
What a gorgeous day!
More on this bridge later. Stay tuned.


From an adjacent pedestrian bridge.


There are thermal baths here. Danielle took advantage but I do not have a bathing suit with me.

Flowers and Graffiti

Time for a haircut.
Lucia is a confident hairdresser, we were able to carry on a conversation in English and Spanish. The shampoo massage was worth the entire cost.

Una chica contenta (me).

The Spanish are almost always happy to stop and chat. They seem to like all the pilgrims that come to their country and they are understandably proud of Spain.
I have felt very safe every where I have been. I did have 1 guy flash me but whatever, I just shrug it off. One negative but hundreds of positive interactions. I love the elder women the best, they may be about my age but they marvel at what we are doing. These interactions are so enjoyable and so inspiring.
The culture here is so much more relaxed than at home. No one is in a hurry like (I am) at home. Children are so much a part of public life and they are the centre of attention. Temper tantrums are extremely rare, I think I only witnessed one and it was very mild.
La vida Buena en Espana

We found all the "missing" children. They are alive and attending schools here is Ourense.
Another view of the Puente Romana from the Milenium Bridge.

We discovered that the M of the Milenium Bridge is climbable so Martina and I set off to conquer it. 

A good workout in the hot late afternoon sun.



Locals

Chang Ho caught up to us! He bought food and shared with Martina and wine with everyone. John from UK shared a bag of mandarins. A fun group.

Danielle and I went out for dinner, I was craving an Ensalada Mixta.

It is very hot in the hostal, I hope we can sleep. We will make an early start tomorrow to beat the heat.

I love getting emails with feedback of what I have written. Today I received 2 heartfelt emails that meant so much to me. Does one need to travel very far from home and open up in a blog to connect with loved ones at home? It seems to be working.
Now John Lennon's song Imagine comes to mind. I will listen carefully to the words tonight when I go to bed to see why.

Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment