Friday, May 24, 2019

GRAND FINALE


It seems very common for government workers to have a sizable tipple every morning before work. This morning the barkeep had this customers bottles on the bar before he arrived. Obviously a daily occurrence. Of course then he hops into his official government vehicle and drives away ready for his day. Well, I guess he is on his own camino. (ie. Shut up inner voice that is critical of others.)
It has been several days of managed eucalyptus forests and occasionally pines and some oaks.

The Way was very varied today.

Another corn crib
We have been noticing this style the last couple of days. The supports are shaped like mushrooms making it more difficult for rats to climb.

And 1 more. There are many in each village.

I hadn't shown an abandoned building for quite a while.

The small village of San Martiño de Ozón is very beautiful with well kept homes and amazing gardens.

And a lace maker.
We both bought something from this talented woman. There was a group of English pilgrims, all men, going by. I waved them over and told them they would get quite a few points from their wives if they brought her a gift from this woman. A few of them took my advice.


The weather is improving, the way is beautiful. I want to stretch out my last day.

Our first sighting of the Atlantic ocean!

Still 7.5 kms to go

As if scripted for the grand finale.
The perfect herd of sheep with the perfect shepherdess.

Lots of up today but finally at the end it is mostly down.

I love that the way into Muxia is on a board walk.

Arrived

Both Danielle & Martina have previously been to Muxia. Since we were all starving the first task was food. Martina took us to an excellent seafood restaurant. Danielle says it was the best meal of her camino. 
Martina makes a memorable impression on many people that she meets. The hospitalearo at Albergue Bela Muxia was no exception. He recognized her immediately and gave her a big hug.
Once we were settled in the albergue ( one's bed must be covered with a fabric like paper cover ... which is thrown in the trash the next morning ...then lay out the sleeping bag) I ventured out to explore while my camigas rested.
I was delighted to run into Silka from Austria whom we had walked with a few weeks ago.

She is continuing to walk. She has reserved on the same ferry/ different date ... hopefully hers will not be cancelled.
She will walk the SouthWest Coast Path then continue on to Offa's Dyke then on to the Pennine Way and a Highlands path then if all is well to Norway to walk Olaf's Way and eventually walk back to Austria. I tell you, this lifestyle is addicting! She looks fantastic and was absolutely glowing.

Kilometer Zero

Later back at the point to enjoy the elements with Martina and Danielle.

Gorgeous, it was windy so big waves.


There is a church right at the point!?

One last.

Sunset this evening is at 10pm. So time for me to head back out and enjoy sunset on my last camino day.

I think this is day 54 in Spain, the time has flown, I have loved this slow travel and enjoyed meeting like minded souls from all over the world. 
I am so thankful for my good health which has allowed me this adventure.
And also thankful for my supportive family.

But wait
More to come
Stay tuned

🌇
🇬🇧




No comments:

Post a Comment