Friday, May 17, 2019

MIA Again


Another ggrpp day dawns. I was awake at 5am but had to stay quiet until a few others started moving about. I was packed and outside just as it started to get light at 6:45am.

Santiago (not the city)

Santiago again

We walked through a couple villages. There were lots of blooming flowers, I love the contrast of the perfect roses against the very old stone wall.

I can't believe it! And that was at 9am, I walked another 5 hours after that. Only 43 kms left to complete in the next 2 days.

We are seeing lots of wild honeysuckle.

A farmer was just leading his 2 cows out to the fields as I passed by. It is a common sight to see a couple of goats or some chickens or cows safe and sound under or beside their owner's home.

The sun came out for a few minutes.

More flowers on rock walls

Photographer Chang Ho & his subject.

Picturesque Ponte Taboado

Watching my step, we have walked up many stream beds in the last few days.

I checked into El Gran Albergue. I was supposed to meet Danielle here but there was some confusion and she ended up in a different albergue with a few other pilgrims. Meanwhile Martina showed up so she is sharing with me. 10€ each, we share the bathroom. (no problem, we are kind of used to that!)

It is a holiday here today, everything is shut up tight. Also quiet cold and raining (hard!) intermittently. It will be another evening in the room. I am so thankful that I have this blog to do.





No comments:

Post a Comment