Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Cold Sevilla

The day starts out foggy and cold but clears and warms up by noon. I spent most of the morning following Rick Steves self guided walking tours that coincidentally are in the same neighbourhood in which I am staying. Sevilla is a beautiful city and a pleasure to walk through. All of the main tourist sites have long lineups which I have chosen not to join.


There is beautiful tile work everywhere.

Rick Steves said to peek in this doorway so I did just that.


Starting my camino with clean clothes. They dried in no time.

I finally met a fellow pilgrim, a Spanish fellow who will also be starting tomorrow. I "accosted" the poor man when I noticed his pack, poles and boots. We may not meet up tomorrow during the 22 km distance but will likely be at the same albuergue. He speaks no English and my Spanish is lacking, we will use lots of sign language.
I now have a Spanish data plan. Here I am, not far from the cathedral ( note the spire in the background) taking a quiet moment in the sun. I am watching children playing soccer and little ones practice on their bikes and scooters.
Life is pretty darn good. Just wish I could drink the wine, agua con gaz will have to suffiice.
There are police everywhere, many of them carry horribly scary looking weapons. Us peaceful tourists feel well taken care of.
My cheap but functional pension.
 My camino starts at the catedral
 I sussed out the start. Getting out of Seville is reputed to be confusing. I feel positive.
According to the camino office there is an average of 20 pilgrims each day. Good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment