Monday, April 15, 2019

Alles ist Gut

I am sitting in a bar in Valdesalor just having finished eating our best camino meal. The primero was a garlic flavoured noodle soup, segundo was chicken and chips but better than usual and a delicious dessert. There are 6 of us, the conversation is mostly in German. This bar is owned by the hospitalera of the albergue. The albergue is clean and spacious, the bed only costs 6€. But no wifi so a short post today.
But on to Today's 26 km walk.

In the village of Casas de Don Antonio.
 
Do you see the storks?
Wooly Detour
We walked through pleasant farmland today.
We walked over 3 charming Roman Bridges.
Several people at home have asked me how are my feet. So far so good. They are hot and tired on arrival. The first order of business is to change the boots for sandals which is a relief. Today I discovered that I have 1 infected toe so fingers crossed that the antibacterial salve works and all is well for tomorrow.

And footnote re the upper bunk last night. It was my lucky night, the albergue was not quite full, the hospitalero kindly offered me the last lower bunk. So Karin did not have me stepping all over her to get up. Alles ist gut.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relieved you didn't have to clamber up to the top bunk last night. Best wishes to your toe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx Laura, this morning it feels good and we only have a walk of 11kms to Caceres. Then sandals to explore the city.

    ReplyDelete