Saturday, April 6, 2019

Bar de 3 Perros

I am sitting in a very noisy bar eating a dry unappetizing bocadillo. As 1 of the Dutch women said, "it belongs to the camino". Three dogs roam in and out of the bar, checking for fallen morsels. Thankfully the bar clients treat them with respect.
My camino today from Almaden de la Plata to Real de la Jara, only 14kms, took us through still more National Park. There were less wildflowers but sheep with tbeir wee lambs, goats, pigs and a few cattle. This is where the famous Iberica jamon is produced. The camino passes through acres of oak trees that produce the acorns that the pigs feed on.
                  The trail early in the day
 The camino passes through this field of sheep.
                                   Lupins!

               A bit more rain again today.
 These pigs had their snouts pierced with metal bits. I wonder if the fence gives them a shock due to the metal but the pilgrims are safe.
                     A protective momma
              The Way is very well marked

From the castle above Real de la Jara. There is another castle ruin in the distance.

I had phoned ahead to reserve a bed in a private home (in Spanish ..I was very pleased with myself), it was to be a single at Alojimienta Molina. I loaded the address into my phone but on entering the village I immediately saw the sign for Alojimiento Peregrino. Thinking it was my destination I booked in. Later I was walking in the town with another pilgrim and I noticed the correct establishment. I went in and apologised but the landlady was not impressed. We found out alojimiento means host, it is a common title for this sort of place. It was much much nicer than where I am staying. Oh well live n learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment