Thursday, April 4, 2019

Longing to Linger

Today's walk was perfect, at least the middle 12 or 13 kms. I found myself walking slowly to allow time to soak in the quiet and the beauty. The terrain was first through farmland, olives and oranges mainly then through  natural parkland with lots of scrub and wildflowers. The way was gentle up and down hills and the weather was not hot.
At 1 point I was waiting at a farm gate, unsure of the direction to take. Fortunately the gentleman that I met in Seville happened by. We walked together until 1pm when we arrived in the lovely town of Castileblanco de las Arroyos. I elected to stay in the donativo albergue while he chose a pension.
After checking in I joined 3 German folks for lunch. My languages are getting a good run.
 A Norman like tower at a farm house.
 In the distance one can see a tower, that is Seville.
 The orange blossoms smelled lovely.
My friend Juanko refilling water.7

  Wild Lavender! Also wild rosemary. Crap i deleted the pic in error.

An example of today's camino.
All for now, I need to find the grocery store to find food for tomorrow. 29km most of it on a quiet road.


This albergue is co-ed. I did not arrive in time to score a bottom bunk. Grocery store is found but being mid afternoon it is closed. We will venture forth a wee bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment